Random thoughts on Germany
Firstly, HOW affordable can a country get? I swear, if I didn't know the conversion factor I'd swear they just took American prices and left the numerical value and just change the $ to a Euro symbol.
But I think they are just American prices!
Gone are the days of the three euro cheeseburger in Rotterdam, the eight euro pizza in Brussels and the ten euro cocktails of Paris. No, for I am in Germany, land of the four euro-per-plate trendy Asian bistro, the THREE euro personal margherita pizza, and alcohol that costs as much as a regular soda that's NOT crappy wine.
Yesssssss!
The only downside to Germany is that it (oddly) seems to be the country I've visited with the least amount of people who (are willing to) speak English. I swear, there are more people here who posses as a second language one of those strange, Asian grunting sound palettes. Amazing.
I still haven't gone out in Germany and I think I'm going to wait until Munich. Between serial concert going and serial eating and staying at peoples' houses, I haven't really been alone and we all know what going out with girls means.
So yeah, this weekend in Munich I am going to have a little weinerfest hopefully (and yes, I know PrideBerlin is this weekend but I can't really say I overtly like this city enough to return for two days, even if ALL the gay men in Germany were there).
In other news, I have a VERY good feeling about tonight's show in Bonn. Tori knows that a great percentage of her German fans see ALL the German shows, so the setlist will be totally different from the last two, which means NONE of the following shit songs!
Cooling
Jamaica Inn
Cool On Your Island
Leather
Cloud on my Tongue
Bells for Her--well, maybe. I think she thinks this song is the new "Cornflake Girl". Poor Tori.
Anyway, it's also the third to last show and she has several as-of-yet unfulfilled requests that she promised to do, including "Spark" "Juárez" and "Flying Dutchman."
We'll see. Now I pay the price for being über-punctual in waking up and have to wait THIRTY more minutes for the train. Oh, the humanity!
R

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home