Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Purple FUCKING Rain

Yes yes YES!

Tori FINALLY played "Purple Rain" at a show of mine. And I say "finally" not because she plays it often and I've just never seen it; any Tori fan knows this is only the song's second appearance since the 1996 tour.

I've just been waiting since then!

Let's not reduce the show to just one amazing song or even a setlist. Tori's energy was THROUGH THE ROOF. Maybe even more than that of the (surprisingly enthusiastic) French crowd. Her voice was flawless. Her piano playing was energetic and driving. I really think she came close to busting a blood vessel during tonight's rendition of "Marys of the Sea."

And you really can't go wrong ending a show with "Liquid Diamonds" AND "Pretty Good Year" among the encores.

The (amazing) set list:

Original Sinsuality
Yes, Anastasia
Mother Revolution
Winter
Snow Cherries From France
Marys of the Sea
Bells for Her

Love Song
Purple Rain

Cars and Guitars
Marianne
Barons of Suburbia
Crucify
The Beekeeper

Liquid Diamonds
Ribbons Undone

Sweet the Sting
Pretty Good Year

Subtract out "Ribbons" for "Lad" and "Bells" for "Playboy Mommy" and this would easily have been my favorite show of the tour.

Oh wait, it was anyway. It really was that good.

Aaaah! Only five more shows to go!

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home