Frankfurt
I wasn't really sure what I would find in Frankfurt, both in terms of Tori and the concert.
Many people, and by many I mean EVERYONE to whom I talked about Germany, told me Frankfurt was a shithole, nothing but banks and hookers. That's it.
The day of the Tori show, she was busy doing interviews until 5 and then did a meet and greet for an hour. I assumed she would have no time to soundcheck anything and expected the worse.
Thankfully, Frankfurt is my second favorite city in Germany and this show was my second favorite of the tour. Or maybe my favorite. I don't know. And it's NOT just because I finally got Tori to do "Spark" (which, for all you Tori people, is an all-time debut. She's NEVER done this song solo!)
Just look at the setlist:
Original Sinsuality
Father Lucifer
Winter
Blood Roses
Liquid Diamonds
Barons of Suburbia
Bells for Her
Piano Man
Over the Rainbow
Your Cloud
Sleeps With Butterflies
Space Dog
Carbon
The Beekeeper
SPARK
Never Seen Blue
Tear in Your Hand
Toast
Everything just worked. This is the "whole aweosme set" I was talking about. Not a lot of filler. "Bells" was typical, though a good version, and "Over the Rainbow" would normally piss me off, but tonight it fit. A couple of people (myself included) very dear to Tori were going home tonight, and I took this as her goodbye to us.
Can I just say that the first half of the main set almost killed me? TOO much hotness.
The encores were amazing too, and it's cool that the last half of the main set was ALL German debuts.
Oh, and I liked the city too.
I miss tour now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home