Lusting for MONEY
Today recommences the job search, and I'm hoping it will amount to more than a day of promising interviews at restaurants that aren't hiring, so I'm doing what I was doing in the first place: calling before I go. The problem is that many hostesses are inept and equate "accepting applications" with "hiring" (which EVERY server knows is NOT the case) and most of them wouldn't take the time to ask a manager. They act like the call is an inconveniece, as if one of the 67,004,567 other coworkers can't bear to undertake the labor of walking someone to a damn table. Shit.
In other newsm "satellite suggests Rita has become a category four hurricane." That sucks. That REALLY sucks. I guess there's something to be said about living on the eastern side (i.e. here) of a body of water who entrance is on the east: a storm would have to come DUE north or east to hit us dead on, and even then (as Charley and Ivan showed us) it's unlikely to cause much ruckus.
But poor fucking Texas. My poor home state. Let's see if the feds can fuck THIS one up!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home