Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I (Alone)

I didn't mean to slam the door just then
It's just
Oh fuck it come inside
Don't take your shoes off
There are nails upon the floor
Oh and please watch that door
It might just hit on you on the way in

'Cause it hit me like a ton of bricks
And I wish I was just contributing
To the overuse of a cliché
But the truth just doesn't hold enough water these days
To affect me in that way
So bricks will have to do
And a ton will have to suffice
Because I don't have a ton of meanness left
And the truth will not be nice

And truth be told I'm fucked up now
And I don't mean like on some substance
Shit I wish a substance could evict me from this
And I'm brimming with conviction it's just
Well
If we're talking substance I've got plenty
I just
Let's not reduce this to--
Honey wait
Where are you going?
I can't be just

I

(Alone)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home