Warning: Broken record
Taken from one of those myspace.com bulletins, this one asking about gay marriage. Multiply by twenty:
*****- Against it homie. I love the gay people, don't get me wrong.. but my religion is important to me, and marriage is meant for a man and woman.
ohmyfuckinggod.
An example of why religious people are LITERALLY weak minded--the bitch can't even type ONE grammatically correct sentence with any coherent argument against gay marriage.
Now don't get me wrong--and everyone knows this--I don't support...well, support isn't the word, but I don't subscribe to the notion of marriage, that any sort of ceremony or piece of stone or any of that should be required to cement a bond, though I do think that medical rights and the like are important.
But it's people like this that make me want to actually get into a relationship and fight for marriage just to stick it to the Right.
But then here's the thing, and this is actually a topic on which I might write a freelance article, but um, how does one fight? Because I certainly don't see any people marching on Washington, peaceful or otherwise. Our letters to our senators are apparently not doing much good either because this debate is not nearly as heated as it should be.
And the conservative media does NOT help.
But how does one get involved? Because marching wouldn't really do much good, anyway. What good is one voice whether it's one the senate floor or or some television station or yelling in vain at the President from Pennsylvania Avenue?
This has always been a core question of mine and I think it's becoming one of the more important questions that Americans can ask themselves as the upcoming Supreme Court Stack...I mean, replacement, occurs.
More on this later. I'm fairly fired up, so I might get the artcile done this week. On verra...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home