Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Atlanta

For once, I have nothing to complain about. Really.

I mean it.

From the get go--post Apu, that is--my trip went well. The check-in machine cooperated me. The security screeners were friendly. Like extremely friendly. The flight delay ended up being nothing. The Delta flight crew was among the most pleasant I'd seen. The Atlanta MARTA Service was quick and its employees were cool. People in Atlanta communicated. I walked right up to second row at the show. Tori played the following songs in sequence--"Cars and Guitars" "Spark" "Northern Lad" "Siren"--and in doing so about killed me, but in a VERY good way.

She actually played this setlist (which I have, the keys of each song written in colorful, gay Sharpie, the remnants of her expensive Cinnamon gum over "Barons"):

Original Sinsuality
Crucify
Sugar -- Tour debut
Father Lucifer
Cloud on my Tongue
Barons of Suburbia
Playboy Mommy

Georgia on my Mind
Drive (R.E.M.)

Cars and Guitars
Spark
Northern Lad
Siren
The Beekeeper

Happy Phantom
your cloud

Sweet the Sting
Cooling

But who's asking?

I also happened to meet a great new friend at the airport and have two great flights back and oh, I am going to be ON TIME to work today, sleep tonight, and off to West Palm for another (hopefully) stellar show.

Life is good!

Oh yeah, official bootlegs? Tori IS a goddess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home