Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Daily rant about gay men

The phrase "southern-born" is being proudly announced in a startling number of gay personals these days.

This doesn't bother me in that it's true; many people--myself included--were born in the south. But, um. Let's see. (1) It sounds like a selling point on an auction block for some arranged marriage in the 19th century and (2) So what? When I hear "southern", I think of a gun-owning, Republican-voting, racist, misogynist, F-350 driving, gap-toothed yokel, ESPECIALLY when your main profile picture is a full-frontal nude of yourself standing in front of a conferderate flag.

Speaking of hunting, I tried to hunt for jobs today but was gone off on by the manager at my first stop--Bennigan's--for not having a pen, so that kind of soured my day and I went home.

Which is fine, because it's POURING now and I have Virginia Woolf to read!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there .... wonder if you remember me?
We meet in April at the San Fran show! M&G.....

Take care!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home