Saturday, September 10, 2005

No Tour Depression...

...because I'm not missing anything! Last night's show, for instead, would have easily grabbed my personal "worst show of tour" title:

Original Sinsuality
Little Amsterdam
Silent all these years
The Power Of Orange Knickers
Seaside
Rattlesnakes

Over The Rainbow
River

Goodbye Pisces
Spark
Icicle
Cloud On My Tongue
The Beekeeper

1st Encore

Happy Phantom
Putting The Damage On

2nd Encore

Daisy Dead Petals
Baker Baker (Part of the song...)
Toast


Now "Daisy Dead Petals" would have been cool, and I always love "Spark". But a set with "Rattlesnakes" "Icicle" "Cloud on my Tongue" "Putting the Damage On" "Silent" AND "Seaside"? And THOSE covers? And I hate to say it, but "Toast" is no longer special. I questioned why she would do (what I figured would be) one of her sole performances of the most emotional song on the record in New York FUCKING City, home of shit shows, but "Toast" is practically a staple these days. Why can't she play "gold dust" that often?

In other news, I decided to go out last night as part of a community service mission I like to call "ease the disgruntlement of the freshman", by which I mean I sat through TWELVE drag shows at Chamber's so that the fag assembly and their hags from the Holiday Inn could see what they HAVEN'T been missing driving around their BMW's on Long Island with their mothers' credit cards. But I got my point across, we all left WELL before closing time, and so I didn't get the chance to tell any bitches' asses off--and believe me, there was PLENTY of bitch ass to tell off.

Oh and if anyone is actually reading this, check out SethLockwood.com! It's the website of an AMAZING new singer/songwriter and a personal friend of mine!

Anyway, i am hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home