Thursday, September 08, 2005

Musings of the week

Well, it would appear that I am perpetually fucked on money: NO restaurant that I have applied at--which is pretty much EVERY restaurant WORTH serving at in the Tampa Bay Area--is hiring. What's worse is that California Pizza Kitchen has NOT called me back, which means the bitches at the West County Store talked some SERIOUS shit about me

In other news, what's probably the most-used student sidewalk around the UT area, the one right at Kennedy and Hyde Park (going south) is no longer there. Why? Because they are currently building Kennedy Place, which is the new alternative to the old richspoiledbratfromthenortheast dorms, Stadium Place, which is so 2003. I think it's bullshit though. Why should I have to sacrifice my ability to save gas so that rich kids can have another alternative to (what is for all intents and purposes) luxury?

I shouldn't, but oh well. I'll just take being yelled at by construction workers.

Perhaps my trip to Austin was a bad thing in some ways, because it illuminated even more just how much Tampa sucks. There's no job market here. No culture. No sense of community. (Virtually) no food or retail outlets that can't be found in at least ten other states. And yeah, UT is overpriced, underclassed, and boring.

If I wasn't graduating in May, I would so transfer! But I will just move then, I guess.

More later. "I rode elephants in Burma and I know that fact fascinates you!'"s class is about to begin.

Joy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could of course go back to making those cheap $2.00 bin porns!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home