Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Letter to my Senator...

...or email as it were, for what it's worth...

Dear Mr. Martinez:

Way back when I first received my car, it took me $11 to fill its tank. Those days are long gone.

Well, not too long, actually. I am actually 20 years old and was 16 when those days were a reality. They are indeed gone, though. Why?

Certainly not to help fund the oil companies. I've yet to visit a website of a major oil company and see a 2Q profit of less than a billion dollars. That's nice that the corporate bosses are bringing home some extra bacon and all, but I'm an unemployed University of Tampa student and I'm having trouble filling my tank once a week for regular commuting around town, including even to fill out job applications.

My Chevrolet Cavalier, a 12-gallon capacity car, the same one which took $11 to fill up in October of 2001, took $34.11 last night, and if the skyrocketing prices in Georgia are any indication, that figure is sure to rise, along with my credit card bills.

Something needs to be done here. Which is more important to you, as a Senator? The mobility and welfare of your constituent, or support of your party's initiative to protect big business for political gain?

Please let me know--I certainly won't be going anywhere.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, New Orleans is all but destroyed, and all you can come up with is whining about money.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm sure the senator will take your letter seriously, foolish boy.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a fucking idiot! - You know who

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home