A Phantom Affection
This strut is not jubilant
But I move in rhythm to evade frostbite
And although you’d never say my name except to reprimand
My movement is triumphant in some light
Because every syllable that escapes your lips
Chills me to the bones I call my hips
And every gray hair I count upon your head
Makes my insecurity lessen
But hold on
I forgot the question
I know the answer is yes
Yes, you devastate me
Why?
Can you guess?
I’ll give you a hint
It’s not in this dance
Though my knees would liquefy
To see your hips move like that
And I would welcome the harshest critique
Invite a slap to birth a blister
And wallow in the welt you left
A light abrasion, soft and deft
A shout-worthy whisper
A phantom affection
A ten watt bulb’s beam in dark mist
Even the most insignificant evidence
That my longing should exist

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home