Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hmmm

Since I haven't written anything other than poems in a while, I guess I will now.

What to say? I finally found a job and per the usual when I found a job, I am working a shitload, i.e. pretty much whenever I don't have class, though that is soon to change, at least in terms of The Castaway; I (probably) have an internship with this Edin Shomer lady who's writing a book about Florence Nightengale and Gutave Flaubert and just happens to know a professor who loves me and oh yeah, I speak French, the language in which most worthwhile books on this facet of Flaubert--some journey down the Nile--were written. So, I think I have the job, and it sounds cool. I am actually sort of happy in that I don't have much time to sit around and mull over my shortcomings in life, i.e. being unable to maintain any sort of relationship or even MEET gay people--they don't just walk down the street here--and like, you know, skipping my Monday/Wednesday class too often because most of the people in it are fools and make me want to jump out the third floor window to maybe some broken bones and suffer in the hospital for a couple weeks.

Which makes the fact that my schedule next semester--the first seven weeks of which composed of twenty credit hours--will be all the more numbing and that by the time I get up on stage in front of downtown Tampa in May, I will need assistance. I suppose it could be worse though; I could still be contemplating taking on a sugar daddy or working at--gag--Starbuck's.

In other news, I've recently gotten over a fit of spider bites--three in the past month, including one INSIDE my nose--and a hangnail, pulled, turned ingrown toenail, turned nasty infection, turned almost removal, turned appointment at the podiatrist which was cancelled because my Dad is cheap and switched to shitty insurance turned to me taking pills and cutting the damned thing off myself and feeling better because I'm NOT paying $100 for some man to play with my foot.

Oh, and if anyone in St. Louis is reading this, I won't be coming home (for long, anyway) during the holiday break; my job(s) (will) want me to stay and work and to be honest, I'd like to bank as much money as I can between now and May, when I am thrust off of my father's cheap insurance and out into the uncertain job pool and probably out of Tampa. But I will be home at SOME point in January, so keep an eye (and ear, if you have a cell phone whose number I have) out.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home