My trip to Florida...
...began ordinarily enough with an on-time flight to West Palm Beach connecting in Tampa, and Danielle picking me up at the airport on time. Then the almost deserted and very early Meet and Greet where I talked to Tori for a while, and the awesome West Palm Beach show with the following setlist:
Original Sinsuality
Little Earthquakes
Blood Roses
Liquid Diamonds
Amber Waves
Jamaica Inn
Cool On Your Island
Common People
Thank You (Led Zep., NOT Alanis)
Marys of the Sea
Pandora's Aquarium
Spring Haze
Seaside
The Beekeeper
Baker Baker
Sleeps With Butterflies
Tear in Your Hand (singalong)
Toast
I went to bed on time that night. I rose the next morning at the ass crack of dawn with Danielle. The plan was that I would go with her to work, have her driver take me to the train station to meet my 10:45 train, and I'd arrive in Tampa at 2:19 to hang out with Billy before making my way over to TBPAC.
Needless to say, when I arrived I was in ignorant bliss for a moment, until I heard a loud Jewish man (in South Florida, imagine that) talking on the phone about how the Silver Star train--the one I was booked on--was delayed until 12:30. I did some math and figured I'd still get in around 3 something, so I wasn't worried until it was announced over the intercom that the trai was delayed until 1:00, then 3:30, then 5:00.
I proceeded to call Southwest Airlines and book a ticket on the 2:10 PM departure, only to arrive at the Aiport--again, by the gracious virtues of one of Danielle's drivers--and find out the departure had been delayed until 3:05, minimum.
Did I mention that that actual time was just shy of 11 at this point?
I ended up finally getting to Tampa just after four. Billy had to go to work so our plans were fucked and I went back to my friend Stephen's hotel to shower and got back to the venue in just enough time to get a $20 bargain seat from some scalper. Call me picky, but I thought the Tampa show sucked:
Original Sinsuality
Leather
Suede (Cheesy Tori, doing "Leather" and "Suede" back to back)
Yes, Anastasia (no high notes. What a bitch!)
Mother Revolution
Siren
Bells for Her
Ring of Fire
I'm On Fire
Parasol (bad version of a song whose live version I usually adore)
Here.In My Head
Goodbye Pisces
Carbon (AMAZING version of a song whose live version I usually hate)
The Beekeeper
Silent all these years
Merman
Not the Red Baron (listed as "Space Dog")
hey Jupiter
I got back into town Friday after a long and winding connection in Chicago, worked that night, and worked a double yesterday, I'm off to work now, actually.
Toodles!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home