Monday, August 15, 2005

You Could Sustain

The prongs fit in the socket but it just won't turn on
And I just can't move forward or turn back and look on
And I just cannot swallow
Without feeling each blast of this air against raw grated throat

Without feeling is how you would touch me if you could
And you could but you didn't and isn't it rudimentary
To follow the rule
First come first served?

I should've known
You'd already fleed
By the time I had found your skeleton key
Deciphered this harmony
Your cacaphony
Your survivable dissonance

And it's crystal clear now
As I suffer here now
The thought of your five o' clock shadow like sleet in the rush hour walk home and
I think I just saw a little light flicker
It might have been real if I would have been quicker
The cavity that needs to be entered was filled
And the charge on the battery slowly just whittles
Away from where you said you could sustain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home