Monday, August 29, 2005

More

Since I said I'd write more, I am...

Today brought my first day of real job searching. I turned in four applications, two of which received no response from apathetic hostesses, one of which was met with a "we'll call you, but don't think we're not interested" and for the final one I got an interview and promise of a call to schedule a second.

I'm still unemployed.

I'm also very unsettled that someone who's probably not in my circles of friends and maybe not even obviously in my (larger) circle of enemies is trying to start shit with information from this blog.

To clarify:

(1) Sarah Parker is the real name of @forumz entity 'That Star'. I term this blog her retreat from her worthlessness because, well, she's worthless, and she's famous for stalking people--and by people, I mean me--online.

(2) It's shitty to try and make someone who's not in a great emotional state paranoid over information that's not dramatic in the least. Shame on you, whoever you are.

(3) If you are who I think you are, you are SERIOUSLY barking up the wrong tree. I trusted you once in the past and you broke that within a minute and I have no problem stirring up a whole lot of shit and dumping it in your direction.

Anyway, I have three hours before my first class and I have, well, I have nothing I need to do really, so I guess I'll write some more.

Last week really fucking sucked. Tuesday and Wednesday were hands down the worst days of 2005 for me, each for their own reasons. I'm just glad it's over.

Of course, there's not much difference between being stranded at a cold, deserted Amtrak Station in Baltimore and the situation I'm in now: aimlessly looking for a disposable job while sitting around as sands go through the hour glass before graduation and I have to look for a real job. I can't get on at my school's newspaper because they always meet Tuesday afterrnoon's when I have class. I can't get on at any local newspapers or magazines because you have to have already had an internship someone to get one somewhere else. I'm considering freelancing although I don't really have anything urgent or crucial or unique to say. Despite the fact that my coursework has been on the whole--i.e. minus Dr. VanCunteren's class--enriching, I sort of wish I'd stayed in Chemistry just because I think there's more job security there.

Sigh.

On a positive note, I met Matt who's been wonderful to me so far, but it seems lately that I can't keep steady on my path for more than a few hours, so I kind of fear imminent destruction since we've been going for like four days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home