Friday, November 11, 2005

Of course it just so happens

that as soon as I toil and all that jazz over a job for 6 weeks (see 8/25/05 to 10/04/05) I would get offered one and RIGHT across the street from my school.

Last night I joined some friends who were dining at Algusto, which is located caddy cornered to UT next to the ghetto Texaco station and the Tribeca Salon. Up until now--though I've eaten there before--I had assumed that it was sort of a Chipotle type, um, McDonald's style restaurant.

Wrong. Sit-down, Steak 'n' Shake-style turn and burn with prices that are MUCH more than Steak 'n' Shake, a clientele that is much better than theirs and an AUTOMATIC, 18% GRAT added to ALL hispanic tables.

Can a server ask for anything better?

Basically, I would be working lunches: M, W, F, and S. I could technically keep my other job, though I think I'd be making just asmuch here, more consistently, and let's face it. One hour lunches with walks to and from as oppose to five hour monster shifts with a half-hour drive each way all for the same amount of money. THe choice seems obvious to me.

Let's just see if they'll work with my availability!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home