Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Day One

Well, I guess maybe it's day two. And I guess maybe I should've titled THIS entry "Bloody Fucking" whatever, but oh well.

But no. It's not bad. The UK is just thus far very different.

Before my plane even parked at gate and thus before I was even supposed to realize, I realized my cellphone does not work over here, which is a bummer considering I signed up for the international service and all. I've contacted T-Mobile via email but who knows what will come of that.

"Customs" was probably the quickest, most painless thing I've ever done. The (friendly) woman looked at my passport, asked me how long I was in the UK for, talked with me about Tori, and wished me on my way. All in less than a minute, nothing like the overinflated security measures current in use at US airports. Lovely.

During my journey from Heathrow to here at Coniston, I was accomapnied first by two Michigan-based students from my flight and then by a drunk woman with a Big Mac, and I must say everyone so far has been very, very friendly, including my host, who has graciously fed me and provided me with a bed, shower, and internet connection. Very nice.

I am about to head out and try to do something with my day until 3 PM when he gets back, and I'm not quite sure yet what I will do. I am trying to hold out on TMobile, but who knows.

Will write more surely on the journey to Birmingham tomorrow morning.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home