Saturday, June 04, 2005

"Oh, god--why am I here?"

OK, maybe it wasn't THAT bad. Or maybe it was. Or maybe I was just on such a high from Wolves that I couldn't discern.

Nonetheless, the setlist:

Original Sinsuality
Blood Roses
Leather
Sweet the Sting
Cloud on my Tongue
Jamaica Inn
Cool on Your Island

Hoover Factory
Millworker

Barons of Suburbia
Sister Janet
Marianne
Spring Haze

The Power of Orange Knickers
Putting the Damage On

Amber Waves
Silent all these years

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't all giddy like a fairy-winged Tori girl during "Amber Waves" and "Blood Roses", that I wasn't excited (thought not shocked) for "Sister Janet" or that I didn't love the "Sister Janet"/"Marianne" combo done for just the second time EVER (to my knowledge).

But let's face it. A set which including "Leather" AND "Cloud on my Tongue" during the first half of the main set CAN'T be anything more than mediocre.

(Add to that probably the most predictable encore of the new tour (replacing "Sangria"/"Past the Mission" from last tour), one mediocre cover, and ending with "Silent." I also know that for most of my fellow Americans, "Jamaica Inn" sounded like "fuck you" rendered three syllables.)

In my opinion, of course.

Yesterday in London was also less than savory; the tube was stopped up and the bus delayed. It was a cold rainy day, although I did see many people (Thomas, Svetlana and co., Nic again, Raymond, Becky, and my new tour (and by tour, I mean just tonight's show because he2s [apparently] a local like that) crush, Ed. I certainly hope to smooch him today in the London eye.

Oh well. Time for breakfast. More later!

R

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob!! I hope you have a great time in Europe.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I hope you are having a great time in Europe. Doesn't look like I'm missing any amazing setlists but I sure am jealous of the scenery you are getting to see. Miss you! Be Safe!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home