Thursday, August 18, 2005

One last year

I can't believe I'm finally going to be done with undergrad after this year. It doesn't seem like four years have gone by already, but I--

Oh wait a minute...they haven't--I just skated by in three by virtue of AP credits!

Although I never thought that would happen.

I definitely never thought I'd be here where I am or where I'll be in four days time--somewhere on I-24, driving through Tennessee, at this time of morning. In my 18-year-old naiveté, I assumed that I would be living some cosmopolitan fantasy in the part of New York--I didn't know which at the time--the surrounded New York University. The gayest college in the world, I was sure I'd have a boyfriend and I'd be well on the road to becoming a heart surgeon.

Contrast that with the terminally-single writing major who's yet to really be published living in overgrown white trash bumfuck Tampa.

Sigh.

But I'm going back and it's almost over, so who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home