Monday, June 13, 2005

Belgian Misconceptions

I assumed that the weather the day of the Brussels show would be warm like in Antwerp. I assumed my purple polo shirt to be properly-sized. I assumed that no one in their right mind would charge 10 Euros for a cardboard-tasting pizza. I assumed that Tori Amos would never stack her set lists with any more than a couple songs of filler.

I was wrong in ALL of those.

Set list:

Original Sinsuality
Parasol
Take to the Sky
Jamaica Inn
Cooling
Sweet the Sting
Cool On Your Island

Red Rain
Running to Stand Still

Little Earthquakes
Mr. Zebra--->Father Lucifer
Cloud on my Tongue
Spring Haze
The Beekeeper

Leather
Sleeps With Butterflies

Playboy Mommy
Amber Waves

Since I'm trying to be optimistic lately, I'll name the good. "Running" was amazing. "Little Earthquakes" was good, but not as good as Nottingham. "Spring Haze" "Amber" and "Playboy Mommy" were hot as always.

And "Parasol", oh "Parasol." "Sting" too,

But let's face it. "Leather" "Cooling" AND "Cloud" (i.e. worst secret time EVER) ALL in one set makes not a good show. At "Sleeps With Butterflies" "Take to the Sky" and "Cool On Your Island" to that, and not even this "Jamaica Inn" fan is happy.

Meh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing at the door of the Pink Flamingo,
crying in the rain...

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home