Sunday, June 12, 2005

Going Dutch

My first notable experience with Dutch people was aboard a Transavia Jet en route to Rotterdam from London; they were probably the friendliest unfriendly people I'd ever met. My second notable experience with Dutch people was at a McDonald's in Rotterdam with a surprisingly St. Louis looking crowd where LITERALLY no one spoke English. My third notable experience with Dutch people was after the Meet and Greet I did not attend in Rotterdam. My last notable experience with Dutch people was just in terms of sitting with a group of them at Tori Amos' concert in, you guessed it, Rotterdam.

While all of the people after the Meet and Greet was absolutely delightful, I will for your sake only be writing about my last notable experience with Dutch people, which I think might be the holistic best: the concert.

And let's just state the obvious: with "Northern Lad"'s presence on this setlist, I would have been happy even if she'd done "Silent" AND "Bells" during the first half of the shit.

Oh wait, she DID!

I was still happy!

Set list:

Original Sinsuality
Blood Roses
Icicle
Mother Revolution
Silent all these years
Martha's Foolish Ginger
Bells for Her

Personal Jesus
A Case of You

Barons of Suburbia
Tear in Your Hand
Northern Lad
Marianne
The Beekeeper

Little Amsterdam
Rattlesnakes

The Power of Orange Knickers
hey Jupiter

So much good. "Little Amsterdam" in an encore. "Orange Knickers" in an encore NOT being followed by "Damage." "A (fucking) Case of You". The most INCREDIBLE, intense, spit-flying-everywhere version of "Barons" I have EVER seen. "Blood Roses" and "Martha" of course. Really just everything.

So good! On to Brussels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home