Friday, June 10, 2005

Too much Newkie Brown!!!

Or not. There's NO such thing as too much of that shit.

Likewise, I could NOT get enough of the awesomeness that was Tori's Newcastle show. The setlist was nothing short of brilliant, the performance was flawless with flawless keyboard work and powerful vocals, and the thread of "bridges" running through it was genius considering where we were.

Oh, and she did an improv for me.

I was crossing my fingers in terms of luck before the show began. I was front row for the third time in three shows, so in my mind, the chance of this show being awesome as well was a pipe dream. As you'll see below, it wasn't:

Original Sinsuality
Space Dog
Doughnut Song
Here.In My Head
Barons of Suburbia
Rattlesnakes
Parasol

Fog on the Tyne
Wrapped Around Your Finger

Martha's Foolish Ginger
Amber Waves
Goodbye Pisces
China
The Beekeeper

Leather
Not the Red Baron

"Milkshake" Improv (inspired by yours truly)
Baker Baker

It was great to finally hear "Baker Baker" on this tour finally, and repeats of "Martha" "Barons" and "Amber" were very welcome. "Here.In My Head" and "Doughnut Song" were fierce and beautiful, very much like their 2001 versions. And CAN one go wrong opening with "Space Dog"?

I think not. And Tori didn't. Wonderful show!

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home