Monday, July 18, 2005

I swear (no pun intended!)....

...if I have to hear ONE more country remake of an already mediocre/just plain bad pop song, I will scream.

Well, that's not true because I heard one today and I did scream, but I will scream louder.

Today's victim? Some hick's remake of the N-Sync Classic "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time On You." It almost brought tears to my eyes, and NOT in a good way.

Today's other musical highlights included some singer-songwriter wannabe's cover of Joni Mitchell's "California", that terrible duet from the 80's called "After All" (NOT the David Bowie song), my introduction to Dashboard Confessional, who is surprisingly whiny-cookie cutter-the kind of music they play in Hollister-ish for being so hot, and "I sing like a dog is gnawing my leg off" Vanessa Carlton.

In socialization news, I attended the wakes of my sister's friend's Grandpa, and successfully recognized eight of the people there. Saying hello, giving condolenes, and saying goodbye to all of the people there took longer than I actually stayed, but I felt I needed to pay respect. I can conclude after this, however, that I do NOT want to be married. I'd rather be burned than look like wax for six hours while people weep over me.

I have so many ideas for short stories/articles/poems. I just don't want to write. Someone motivative me.

RS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home