Sunday, July 17, 2005

This post be dedicated to all you Mac users, yo...

Am I the only one that's not too crazy about their products?

I mean, don't get me wrong. It's wonderful having a machine that's not affected by viruses or spyware, and the cute and chic design gets a lot of compliments.

But I've been through two iBook G4s in three years, for instance. The first one had a hard drive crash seven months after I got it and Mac decided that it "wasn't covered" even though I was well within the warranty period. The people at the store were so rude to me that I went to Dell--big mistake; I returned the whole thing within a week--and then repaired the hard drive myself. When my computer finally died in December, I went to CompUSA to buy it. I also incidentally purchased my iPod--which has died twice now--there. Thankfully for me, I bypassed the a**holes at the Apple Store and had them send me a shipping box and both iPods were replaced within a week.

The breaking's not just it though. Apple computers are not compatible with a LOT of websites, including Yahoo! Launch, certain Bittorrent clients, and lot of porn (hehe). Programs like AIM don't have extra features they do on PCs. Even on Tiger, I cannot run more than three programs without my computer sluggishly operating. And Safari crashes at least five or six times a day.

As I said before, it's still better than any PC, but it seems too (comparatively) expensive *just* to be a little better, and I stress a little.

Anyone else feel the same way?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem with a mac i bought. xp has been good too. up your ram man. i got a gig and i run lots of programs. on my g5 at work i run indesign, photoshop, illustrator, deltagraph, acrobat, word, excel, and outlook at the same time with no problems, and that has a gig. and things rarely close on me. it never freezes, although the beachball annoys me to fuck.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home