Jerry Springer and Corey
So I spent a couple hours watching Jerry Springer yesterday, and I must say beyond hours and hours of laughter, during AND after, it does beg a question in my mind. What on Earth have humans accomplished in a hundred million years of existence. Whether you think they are fake or not, the types of people on Jerry Springer account for pretty much everyone in the country (and I'm imagine, to an extent, in the civilized world) who does not live in or around a major city. All these people seem to care about it their petty little relationships.
Now I'm not saying I think there is anything wrong with a little lovin' or that humans are meant to be alone, but I would have thought that something we would have gained in our evolution was a relaxation of codependency. I mean if the people are the lower rung of class and intelligence feel like that, then what does that say about the rest of us? America has nearly 300 million residents, and I'm willing to bet that over 80% of the adult portion could be divided in two and replace person with the word "household." Why is the goal of life to find some stupid partner? Can't we transcend that?
Robert says, as he prepares to journal about his latest failed attempt to reach that end.
So I figured since I have like one--or at the time one-and-a-half, days to do it, I'd finally tell Corey at work that I like him a lot, still, despite the fact that he's lost my number twice and never managed to say a word to me outside of work, a truth that would ordinarily piss me off, but actually doesn't because he's so delightful to me in work. So I figured I could least convince him to hang out with me like tonight, or something.
He's quite the tough cookie though. After a night of flirting and soliciting my hands to his ass to "make sure he doesn't have an underwear line" Corey seemed totally put aback when I asked him to hang out, and even more bothered when I gave him my number for a third time.
Thankfully, unlike my Jerry Springer comrades, I am able to exist happily--well, happily enough, and by happily enough I mean not happy at all, so we'lljust say neutrally--without the company of some significant, or in Corey's case insignificant other.
Off to work!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home